Friday 3 October 2014

3 October, 2014

Can you see the non-grade 8 impostors? I mean you, Violetta and Lyly!
This week has been awkward. I still feel like school hasn't totally started, for it's only been a few days, yet I've been getting as much homework as I usually get mid-year. It's sad. Due to the strike, they've made everything so short; everything is crammed. This week alone, I already had three quizzes! That is unheard of for the second week of school! Regardless, it hasn't been all bad. I've had classes filled with opportunities for catching up and learning. Those classes, where the teacher decides to let you do whatever you want because they don't have a plan - those are the best!
I've met new people and things are looking up. Between the copious amounts of homework and lattés, I managed to squeeze in this beautiful photograph. It contains a group of obnoxious, rowdy and annoying grade 8s from my school, who ever so gracefully decided that they could infiltrate the part of the school where my grade 11 friends and I hang out.
Today, between the promiscuity, these grade 8s took about a thousand selfies on snapchat. I disregarded them, but my friend could not. He has already previously remarked that the grade eight girls look mostly like "Kim Kardashian", and today, he brought it to my attention that there were tens of thousands of pictures being taken, he was quite obviously annoyed; I was not. I saw the opportunity as ideal for joining in on the fun and taking a photo with them. I did this purely out of fun; in no way was I trying to undermine their intelligence or make fun of them. Aren't we cute?
It's been an ultra slow week. Class periods feel like days, days feel like weeks and this week  feels like an eternity. It may be because I have fallen completely out of rhythm with school over the break, but then again, it may not be. I just want to go home and rest; I'm already bored and tired. I feel like winter break is already overdue, and it's not just me! It seems that I am in for one snail-paced school year: I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment