Monday 20 October 2014

It's a Party!


You guys know Violetta, right? My best friend. If not, I'd like you to introduce you to her prim and proper self. Her birthday was on Thursday, and I tried to make it as unforgettable as possible. The night prior, I stayed up until midnight to finish baking all the treats she'd need. I made her some goat cheese and sun-dried tomato tarts because she had wanted to try those for a while now, and I made her a chocolate cake. Luckily, both turned out great and she got to eat them up. That was the lame part.
I came to school extra early that morning to duct tape her locker shut, so that she couldn't get into it. I mean, you can't blame me. Last year, I smashed a cream pie on her her face for he birthday, and this year, I was faced with the task of topping that?! It was hard and I'm not sure I managed, but I did try. Duct taping the locker was first; overtop, I put a rainbow coloured poem I had written for her. For presents, I got her a printed copy of my best blog posts about her. A whole twenty-thousand words - who wouldn't be happy? Alone, duct-taping a locker wouldn't be enough.
Obviously, it wouldn't have been a party without champagne! Since we aren't old enough to legally buy champagne, we got the next best thing - sparkling juice! After using it the way a champagne bottle is meant to be used and sprinkling her fancy dress with pink, artificial colours, she was understandably upset. I rushed to the rescue and spent the next half hour utilizing my laundry skills to eliminate the stains. With hand soap and water, her dress was clean in a flash. Sure, she did have to spend thirty minutes sitting in the girl's change room in her underwear, but I'm sure she'd agree that it was worth it! Okay, sure, she also did have to go home in a stupid looking combination of short P.E. shorts and a puffy jacket because the dress was too wet to wear, but still, at least it was clean.
After I finished my last class, (my friend and the boy who played accomplice to the boy who nearly destroyed her dress skipped their two classes after lunch) I met up with her. First, we had a nice chat about astrology with another girl. Then, after my friend was thoroughly confused, we went to a fancy, French bakery. We sampled macarons and talked about my dandy talents as a chef.
As it started to rain, we agreed that the celebrations were not to end today. We were to continue them at a restaurant of her choosing at a later date with some of our friends. (Due to her inability to choose, I should probably say "a restaurant of my choosing") There, I would give her the rest of her gifts and, more importantly, the rest of her memories.
Happy Birthday, Violetta! All the best for this year and for the many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment