Saturday 11 October 2014

The Manliest Man


This week felt faster than the ones prior. It felt normally paced. I finished all of my homework and prepared for everything, making me feel really good about myself. Academics aside, this week was lacking in the social aspect - that is, until today. Up until today, I had spent most of my lunches in a hectic array of studying and eating. It wasn't nice.
Three days ago, my best friend called me to pass on a message. "[Insert name here] sent me a really creepy message telling me to tell you to not skip school on Friday" she said. "Uhh… Cool, thanks for passing it on, I guess." was my response. Then, only after we had put down our phones, did it hit me! My friend from last year was coming into town for the weekend! To confirm, I asked around and learned, to my delight,  that it was true! I forced myself to complete all my homework for that day, so that I could spend the entire day in a free and relaxed state. When the day finally dawned, I was giddy. I packed my bag and headed out the door! Nothing could keep me down, not my alarm clock, not the weather, not even missing my bus.
Upon arrival to school, I found the my visiting friend's best friend and interrogated him about the whereabouts of the visitor. He didn't know, nor could he manage to get a hold of him, but assured me that he would be coming at some point during the day. That was okay. Second block proved fruitless, and at lunch, my hopes of seeing my friend were quickly fading and diminishing.
When lunch passed, I had realized that he wasn't going to show. When third and fourth blocks ended, that seemed to be the end of that. That is, until I saw his best friend yelling on the phone. My eyes widened and a mixture of joy and adrenaline flooded my veins. I ran closer to the boy on the phone and heard "I can't see you! Which exit are you at?" At that point, I was ecstatic, and as the boy on the phone followed the directions he was receiving, I followed him. Out the door, into the rain and straight into the arms of my friend. If I remember correctly, I even screeched out the boy's name. It was so nice.
When the boy walked into the school with me and his best friend, he was greeted by more screams and exclamations of adoration. After greeting everybody, we decided to go the the cafe near our school. After that, we raided a playground near the school; taking some pictures in the meantime. We went back to the cafe afterwards, at which point I had to leave. At the suggestion of my fabulous girlfriend, some the kids wanted to go to my building on the other side of town to sit atop of my roof. After some angry exhales from myself, and after the majority realized that I do live 50 minutes away, they changed their minds. I went home with my girlfriend, who was equally as happy to have seen our friend. And even suggested to maybe meet up again today, as he is only here for 3 days. We'll see how everything plays out, but for now, I can reminisce on that great day. And I can permanently remember who the manliest of the men truly is.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. POST MORE STUFF I LOVE READING ALL OF THESE

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, I thought you knew!!!!!! How'd you find it anyways?

    Dude, I got so lazy mid-october, but hey, your comments give me motivation… Glad you like them :D

    ReplyDelete